Starting June 4, 2019, the public can obtain the new 2019 series florin banknotes at the commercial banks and can use them for making payments. The timeline for the emission of the new 2019 series florin banknotes is as follows:
- June 3, 2019 - Official emission of the new 2019 series florin banknotes
- June 4 - August 11, 2019 - Co-circulation of the 2003 series and the new 2019 series florin banknotes (10 weeks)
- August 12, 2019 - The 2003 series florin banknotes are taken out of circulation and are no longer legal tender
- June 4 – December 4, 2019 - Exchange of the 2003 series for the new 2019 series florin banknotes can only take place at the commercial banks (6 months)
- December 5, 2019 – August 12, 2049 - Exchange of the 2003 series for the new 2019 series florin banknotes can only take place at the CBA (30 years)
With the introduction of the 2019 banknote series, the CBA aims to maintain confidence in the Aruban florin and contribute in promoting the uniqueness and beauty of Aruba’s flora, fauna, cultural heritage, monuments, and landmarks. For future generations to be able to appreciate these as well, it is of utmost importance to continue to promote public awareness for the adequate preservation and conservation hereof. In the coming months, the CBA will continue to conduct extensive information campaigns through various media channels, such as newspapers, radios, TV, and CBA’s Facebook, Instagram and website in order to provide the public at large with important information about the new 2019 series florin banknotes. Furthermore, the CBA will hold information sessions for targeted groups and will provide information materials at the MFA’s, the national library, schools, post offices, and commercial banks. With regard to information sessions, the CBA will publish the dates, time, and venues in newspapers, as well as on its Facebook, Instagram, and website www.cbaruba.org.