The following changes will be effective starting on Monday, March 16. 2020, until March 31, 2020:
- It is preferable to make tax payments and/ or premiums online by using the Aruba Bank or Banco di Caribe’s Bill Payment. These account numbers are programmed in the Bill Payment system of both these banks, making reconciliation of payments for the next day.
- Costumers affiliated to any other bank should follow the payment instructions carefully. For payments of taxes and/ or premiums, please fill in the payment reference (betalingskenmerk), the type tax being paid: Land Tax, Motor Vehicle Tax, Income Tax, BBO/BAVP/BAZV, Payroll Tax, AOV/AWW, AZV, etc.)
- Account Numbers of the Tax Department:
- Aruba Bank 1514017
- CMB 61351503
- RBC Royal Bank Aruba 3071006
- Banco di Caribe 80820201
- CIBC Bank Aruba 1000168
- Cashier service for payments continue at the tax office Camacuri, all MFA’s and at the Auxiliary Government’s Office in San Nicolas.
- The Tax department has separated all the chairs in the public waiting area to maintain the required distance between customers. They have also marked chairs that are off-limits to the public. The public is limited to a maximum of 10 visitors simultaneously in the waiting area of each MFA and a maximum of 28 visitors in the waiting area of the main office in Camacuri for the cashier’s service. The security officers and personnel will regulate this.
- Cashier service will be as usual at all facilities.
- Customer service and reception counter at the main office in Camacuri are closed.
- Customer service will be available at MFA Paradera, MFA Santa Cruz, MFA Savaneta and Auxiliary Government’s Office (HBK) San Nicolas according to the opening hours of each location. The customer service at these locations is only for the submission of documents (tax declaration, notices of objection).
- Service for Notaries remains as scheduled weekly.
Appointment with a Tax Department officer
- All appointments have been canceled until further notice. The Tax Department will contact merchants who had an appointment to register for access to the digital portal “BO impuesto”
‘BO impuesto’ portal
- The support team of “BO impuesto” will assist merchants by phone at 5227437 or by email email@example.com. The Tax Department urges business owners to register their company for access to the “BO impuesto” so they are granted use of the monthly online declaration possibilities thus avoiding agglomeration of clients with the risk of becoming infected.
- Walk-ins are no longer accepted for BO impuesto registration.
- The ‘Digital lounge BO impuesto’ located in the waiting area of the Camacuri office is closed. The support team of “BO impuesto” will assist merchants by phone or email.
Distribution of license plates
No license plates will be distributed until further notice.
Payment deadlines and monthly declarations
The deadline for submission of BBO, wage tax, tourist tax, etc. including corresponding payments for February has been moved to 20 March 2020.
All other services, like payment arrangements, will be only possible by phone or email. All information will be provided by phone, email, website, BO impuesto portal, Facebook and the BO impuesto app.
The Tax Department urges all customers to restrict visits to any of their locations, unless highly necessary.
Only customers who are paying, submitting or picking up documents will be attended.
All visitors will be kept at a safe distance from the personnel.
Additionally, the Tax Department urges those who are ill and have flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sneezing and have a fever and or have recently traveled to stay home and not visit any of our locations, but rather make use of the available digital systems.
The Tax Department can be reached at the following numbers:
- General Information 5227423
- For Businesses 5227423 ext. 661 or ext. 519
- For individuals (private person) 5227423 ext. 588 or ext. 595
- For business registration 5227423 ext. 713
- For Land Tax 5227423 ext. 694 or 549 3
For document, pick up please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tax Department will provide official statements if anything changes in the procedures of containment. Please follow us on Facebook and www.impuesto.aw for the latest updates.