Administrative and legal costs of doing business
Advice & incorporation costs
Costs of Incorporation
The main expenses incurred in forming a company are:
- Civil law notary's fee: depending on the authorized capital and the work involved;
- Stamp duty on the ministerial declaration of no-objection on the articles of incorporation and the registration of these articles: approximately Awg. 300;
- Initial registration in the Commercial Register payable to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Aruba: depending on the paid-up capital;
- Publication in the Official Gazette: approximately Awg. 40;
- A business license: Awg. 400; (pre-payment)
- Each director's license: Awg. 400; (pre-payment)
- For a complete list of other fees, if situation applies, see 'Legesbesluiten DEZHI'
Accounting & audit costs
An accountant can help you analyze your income and expenses to give you control over your cash flow. Your accountant is a financial advisor providing professional services that businesses need all year long – not just at tax time. Consult him or her when you first decide to start a business, for an annual check-up, when considering an expansion or when you need ongoing support. For more information about how an accountant can help you may review the accounting network.