Work and residence permit

The governments policy on foreign manpower are as follows:
All foreign nationals wishing to work in Aruba must first obtain a positive advice from DPL to obtain a work permit from the  (DIMAS). Foreign nationals are not allowed to be in paid employment by an Aruban employer while visiting Aruba as a tourist.

Work permit is necessary if directors of Corporation (NV), Limited Liability Company (VBA) or Aruba Exempt Corporation (AVV) or business owners of Sole proprietorship (EZ) or General Partnership (VOF) don't fulfill conditions for residing, working and starting a business in Aruba. Business owners are required to fulfill certain conditions to acquire residence permit at the Government department administering alien policy, admission and Integration (DIMAS) according to the "National Ordinance on Admission and expulsion".

If you plan to employ foreign man power they are most likely going to need a work permit.
Further information and application forms for advice and permits can be obtained free of charge at DPL and DIMAS.

We work together on an informative, accessible and user-friendly Government Portal for Aruba.
Report something? Click here

Page options