They urge the community to limit their alcohol consumption during the festive days and be responsible when driving. They also urge NOT to handle fireworks when under the influence of alcohol.
The holiday season brings joy to many people, but keep the following in mind:
- Do not allow unsupervised children to handle fireworks;
- use ear protection, especially for children under the age of 14;
- do not put fireworks in your pockets or backpack;
- keep enough distance from fireworks when lit, at least 8 meters;
- do not light fireworks in your hands; always light fireworks with the lighter fuse;
- do not throw fireworks on others or near animals;
- do not re-light malfunctioning fireworks;
- do not experiment with fireworks;
- when done, soak the area before cleaning up.
By following these recommendations, everyone can enjoy the end of the year safely and happily.
The DVG wishes Aruba a responsible end-of-year celebration and wishes everyone a healthy and prosperous 2023.