Camping officially starts on April 10, 2022, at noon. That means that only on or after this date and time, trailers and tents are allowed on the beach. All objects placed before this date will be removed by the authorities. Permit holders must remove all objects, tents, and trailers from the beach at the latest on April 24, 2022. Failing to remove camping-related artifacts after April 24, 2022, will result in the removal by the authorities on the permit holder’s account. The Police Department urges campers and beachgoers to keep the beaches clean at all times. Dispose of trash only in trash containers or trash bags.
The last day to request a camping permit is March 23, 2022, between 8:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
Additional conditions are now applicable:
- BBQ pits are under no circumstances allowed on the beach. Gas BBQ grills are only allowed in designated areas.
- Tents and trailers used for camping should be in decent condition. These should be placed at least 10 meters off the water’s edge and a minimum of 5 meters from public roads. Failing to comply with these conditions will result in the removal by the authorities.
- Reservation of camping sites is under no circumstances allowed
- Tent, trailer, and other related items are only allowed on the designated areas determined by the Government.
- Each camping site should have proper first aid kits (EHBO kits)
- Profanity/immorality is not allowed on trailers, tents, etc.
- Camping is strictly according to the conditions set in the camping permit
- Vehicles, bicycles, horses, and carts are prohibited on the beach and beaches designated to the public.
- Fires/fire-pits are not allowed on the beach
- The sale of food, sodas, mixed drinks, or any other article is not allowed on the beach without a valid permit
- Music is only allowed from trailers or tents. During weekdays until 10:00 pm and on the weekends until midnight. In both cases, the volume should never bother others campers. The use of sound systems/amplifiers is only allowed as long as it does not bother other campers.
- Trees or parts of trees are not allowed to be cut without a permit.
- Boats are not allowed in the swimming area. It is not permitted to anchor boats to the buoys destined for maritime use.
- Pallets and cardboard structures are not allowed on the beach. Failing to comply with this will result in the removal by the authorities.
- Neither the beach nor palm trees can be used for toilets
- Horses and dogs are not allowed on the beach
- Public huts should remain available for regular beachgoers and are not allowed to be used by campers.
- The beach should not be littered. It is not allowed to leave broken glass or trash on the beach or in the ocean.
- The camping permit is not transferable.
- The permit holder should have the permit displayed in the tent or trailer visible for the authorities
- The permit holder has the rights on the camping site exclusively during the valid camping period. Before April 10, 2022, they are not allowed to reserve, mark, or enclose the area from others.
- The permit holder is responsible for any damage/harm caused to third parties due to his/her trailer/tent or any other objects.
- All police instructions in the general interest, person, and property safety or based on morals, must be strictly followed.
- Failing to comply with the terms and conditions of the permit will result in its revocation and a fine.
The last date to register for the camping permit is March 23, 2022. Please comply with the rules and enjoy your camping.
The police department will enforce these rules at all camping sites around the island.