The extra financial assistance is paid once and consist of two parts:
- Tuition allowance
- Parental contribution
Who is eligible?
All social assistance recipients or persons with limitations, between age 3 to 24 years, attend regular schools during the day and are on the social assistance payroll for September 2021.
Regular schools are kinder gardens, primary schools, secondary schools, day-mavo, or Scol Duna un Man. The children must be living with their parents and also receive a regular monthly allowance of AWG. 250,00.
Parents on social assistance receive for each school-going (step) child(ren) an additional AWG. 220.00 up to a maximum of AWG. 800.00 as assistance to cover the costs of going to school. The tuition allowance is paid on Saturday, October 9, 2021.
The government also helps with the co-payment of part of the parental contribution up to a maximum of AWG. 120.- per child. If this contribution exceeds AWG. 120,- the parents must pay the difference themselves. The "parental contribution" is paid directly to the school.
To receive extra social assistance for the school year 2021/2022, you have to comply with the following requirements:
- The parent must ask the childrens' school about its policy regarding collecting the school forms from the Department of Social Affairs. Since there is a schedule for handing over the forms, to avoid agglomeration, the school may also have a delivery schedule for the forms;
- the parents must fill out the forms correctly and completely;
- the parent must submit the completed form and the social assistance card at the Department of Social Affairs in San Nicolas, according to the schedule of submission they received with the school form. They can submit the form on Monday to Friday, from 8.00 am till 11.00 am and from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Please take good notice
Please bear in mind that if you do not submit the school form according to the received schedule, the consequences are as follows:
- The school assistance will decrease;
- They will block your social assistance for October 2021;
- You will not receive the monthly allowance of AWG.250,00 for the school-going child(ren) between 3 – 24 years until you submit the school form. After the necessary adjustments, you will receive the allowance without retroactive effect.
- If you submit the form after September 17, 2021, you will lose your right to extra tuition allowance and parental contribution for the school year 2021/2022.
- After the Department of Social Affairs adjusts, you will only receive the monthly AWG. 250,00 allowance.
Usually, all social assistance recipients (3-24 years) going to a regular school during the day, receive a monthly allowance of AWG. 250,00. After payment for August, the system automatically removes this allowance every year. Consequently, the social assistance decrease automatically, and you will not get it back with retroactive effect. Therefore, it is essential to fill out the form before September 17, 2021, for the Department of Social affairs to adjust the social assistance back for October 2021.
If a family member older than 24 years goes to a regular school during the day, they must submit the school form before September 17, 2021. If a family member is older than 18 years and is not going to school, they must follow the DPL procedure. Therefore, the Department of Social Affairs requests all school-going family members to fill out and submit the correctly completed school form 2021-2022.
The Department of Social Affairs requests the school-going recipients to comply with the requirements according to the schedule for submitting the form. Please do not wait till the last day on Friday, September 17, 2021, to submit the form, to avoid an unpleasant situation in October 2021.
For more information, call the Section Social Assistance of the Department of Social Affairs 528-1110. You may also follow them on Facebook.