As it was the case in previous years, as of May 26, it is again possible to nominate persons to be considered for a Royal decoration, popularly put, to be awarded a "ribbon", on the occasion of the celebration of King's Day 2022.
All over Aruba, people are dedicating themselves to the Aruban community. Very often they do this in silence and the background, but these people should be put in the spotlight. Someone can earn a medal when there is a special personal service to society.
This can be voluntary work, but also a special filling of a paid main job or a combination of both:
- It concerns volunteers who selflessly dedicate themselves for 15 years or more to organizations, groups, neighborhoods, or persons in the field of, for example, sports, art, culture, religion, nature, the social field, youth work, care for the elderly, public order and safety, etc.
- Someone who performs exceptionally well at work may also qualify. In such a case it concerns special and exceptional merit in work that goes significantly beyond what can be expected and from which society benefits.
In case you know such a person, you can nominate this person to receive special recognition through a Royal Decoration. Such a nomination can be submitted by anyone, including organizations or agencies. All proposals must be submitted in writing using two special forms. These forms with accompanying instructions and explanations are available as of May 26, 2021, during office hours at the front desk of the Executive Offices in Oranjestad and San Nicolas or from the members of the Decoration Commission Aruba. Below you will also find these forms:
- Brief bij formulieren Ned. versie (Letter accompanying forms Dutch version);
- Voorstelformulier Aruba 2022 (Proposal form Aruba 2022);
- Voorstelformulier Nederland 2022 (Proposal form Netherlands 2022).
On Aruba, the Decoration Commission Aruba is in charge of processing the nominations and the related investigation. Through the official channels, the nominations go to the Netherlands where they are processed by the Dutch Chapter for Civilian Orders.
To properly assess the merits of the nominated person, it is of great importance that all requested information is provided as completely and comprehensively as possible. The forms must be filled out and signed and the nomination must be well-founded.
The Decoration Commission Aruba emphasizes that the Royal decoration should be a surprise for the person concerned.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that the nominated candidate is NOT informed about the nomination and is not involved in filling out the forms.
This also prevents disappointment in case the award is not granted.
The deadline for nominations for a Royal Decoration for the year 2022 is August 6, 2021.
Incomplete nominations and nominations received after this date will unfortunately not be considered. Both the Aruba Decoration Commission and the Netherlands Chapter of Civil Orders will only accept complete nominations that are received in time.
The nominations should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the reception desk of the Executive Office in Oranjestad. The envelope is addressed to the Decoration Commission Aruba, p/a Office of the Minister of General Affairs, L.G. Smith Boulevard 76, Oranjestad, Aruba.
The Decoration Commission Aruba is very pleased that each year many nominations are received and hopes that also for the celebration of King's Day 2022 many persons from the Aruban community will be recognized for the important work they do for the community and will receive a well-deserved ribbon.
If you have any questions or would like to receive further information, please contact one of the members of the Aruba Decoration Committee:
- Ms. F. Perez-Lopez (tel 583-8425)
- Mr. V. Frank (tel. 587-4979)
- Mrs. N. Anthony (tel. 593-1921)
- Ms. I. Nicolaas-Ras (tel. 584-8880)
- Ms. R. Garrido (mobile 593-1820)
- Mr. D. Figaroa (mobile 741-0100)