The SDG Commission has been in existence since 2017 and provides strategic direction for the implementation of the SDGs in Aruba. The committee consists of the Department of Economic Affairs Commerce and Industry, the Department of Foreign Relations, the Department of Nature and Environment, the Department of Social Affairs, the Central Bureau of Statistics, the Department of Finance and UNESCO Aruba. The chairperson of the committee is Ms. Jocelyne Croes, Council Advisor on Multilateral Affairs.
The Sustainable Development Goals are:
- No poverty;
- Zero hunger;
- Good health and well-being;
- Quality education;
- Gender equality;
- Clean water and sanitation;
- Affordable and clean energy;
- Decent work and economic growth;
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure;
- Reduced inequality;
- Sustainable cities and communities;
- Responsible consumption and production;
- Climate action;
- Life below water;
- Life on land;
- Peace, justice and strong institutions;
- Partnership for the goals.
The SDG Commission made a presentation to Minister Wever about the work the commission has done in implementing the SDGs in Aruba. Minister Wever was pleased to see that several activities have been done and that there is great enthusiasm in the committee to continue the necessary work. "The implementation of the SDGs is a transformative event for Aruba and it requires a 'mindset shift', commitment and partnership at all levels," said Minister Geoffrey Wever.