The goal is:
- To increase awareness of breast cancer;
- support women to reduce the risks of this disease;
- Promote on-time detection of irregularities in the breast of healthy women;
- To get immediate medical attention if you find a suspicious lump in your breast.
Below you will find some preventive measures against breast cancer:
- Eat nutritious and healthy food;
- avoid alcohol;
- visit your physician for regular exams;
- practice sports or exercise regularly;
- preventive surgery is recommended for women with a high risk of getting the disease;
- Auto examination of your breast is essential to detect breast cancer early;
- Women 40 years or older must have a mammography every two years.