All over Aruba, people dedicate themselves to the Aruban community. Very often they do it quietly and in the background, but should be put in the limelight. Someone can earn a ribbon if they have rendered special personal services to society.
It can be volunteer work, but also a unique fulfillment of a paid main job or a combination of both:
- These volunteers selflessly devote 15 years or more to organizations, groups, neighborhoods, or individuals in various areas, such as sports, art, culture, religion, nature, the social field, youth work, elderly care, public order, safety, etc.
- Someone who achieves extraordinary performance at work may also qualify. In such a case, it concerns exceptional merit in the work that goes significantly beyond what is expected and from which society benefits.
In case you know such a person, you can nominate this person to receive special recognition through a Royal decoration. Anyone can submit a nomination be submitted by, including organizations or agencies. All proposals must be submitted in writing using two forms. These forms with the accompanying instructions and explanations are available as of May 8, 2023, during office hours at the front desk of the Executive Office in Oranjestad and San Nicolas, at all MFAs, or from the members of the Decoration Commission Aruba.
You can also download the forms here:
- Letter with forms Ned. version;
- Letter with forms Pap. version;
- Netherlands 2024 proposal form;
- Aruba 2024 proposal form.
In Aruba, the Aruba Decoration Commission is in charge of processing the nominations and the associated research. The nominations go to the Netherlands through official channels, where the Netherlands Chapter of the Civil Orders will process them.
To properly evaluate the nominee's merits, all requested information must be supplied as complete and comprehensive as possible. The forms must be filled out and signed and the nomination must be well substantiated.
Decoration Committee Aruba emphasizes that the Royal decoration should be a surprise for the person involved. Therefore it is of utmost importance NOT to inform the nominated candidate of the nomination and not to involve him/her in filling out the forms. It also prevents disappointment in case the person does not receive the award.
The deadline for submitting nominations for a Royal decoration for the year 2024 is Friday, July 28, 2023. Unfortunately, incomplete nominations and nominations received after this date, cannot be considered. The Aruba Decoration Board and the Netherlands Chapter of Civil Orders will only consider complete nominations received on time.
Nominations should be handed in in a sealed envelope at the front desk of the Executive Office in Oranjestad. The envelope is addressed to the Aruba Decoration Commission, p/a Office of the Minister of General Affairs, L.G. Smith Boulevard 76, Oranjestad, Aruba.
Share this page