Everywhere in Aruba, people are committed to the Aruban community. Very often they do that in silence and in the background, but these people should be put in the limelight. A person can earn a ribbon if there are special personal merits for society, namely:
- This can be voluntary work, but also a special interpretation of a paid main job or a combination of both.
- These are volunteers who have selflessly committed to organizations for 15 years or more, groups, neighborhoods or persons in areas such as sports, art, culture, religion, nature, the social field, youth work, care for the elderly, public order and safety etc.
- A person who delivers exceptional performance at work may also be eligible. In such a case it concerns a special and exceptional merit in the work that goes significantly beyond what can normally be expected and from which society benefits.
In case you know such a person, you can nominate this person to receive special recognition by means of a Royal award. Such a nomination can be submitted by anyone, including organizations or agencies. All proposals must be submitted in writing using two special forms. These forms, together with the accompanying instructions and explanations, will be available during office hours from 1 July 2020 at the desk of the Executive Office in Oranjestad and San Nicolas or from the members of the Aruba Decoration Committee. The forms can also be downloaded:
- Proposal form Aruba (Voorstel formulier Aruba)
- The Netherlands proposal form (Voorstelformulier Nederland)
- Letter Proposal form Papiamento (Brief bij voorstelformulieren Papiamento versie)
- Letter Proposal form Dutch (Brief bij voorstelformulieren Ned. versie)
In Aruba, the Aruba Decoration Committee is charged with processing the nominations and the associated research. The nominations go through the official channels to the Netherlands where they will be processed by the Dutch Chapter for the Civil Orders (Nederlandse Kapittel voor de Civiele Orden).
It is important to properly assess the merits of the nominee, and that all requested information is provided as completely and extensively as possible.
The forms must be completed and signed and the nomination must be well substantiated.
Aruba decoration committee emphasizes that the Royal decoration should be a surprise for the person concerned. That is why it is extremely important not to inform the nominated candidate of the nomination and not to involve it in the forms. This also prevents disappointments in case the award is not awarded.
The deadline for submitting nominations for a Royal decoration for the year 2021 is September 4, 2020. Incomplete nominations and nominations made after this unfortunately cannot be processed. Both the Aruba Decoration Committee and the Dutch Civil Order Chapter will only deal with complete and timely submissions.
The nominations must be handed in in a closed envelope at the desk of the Administration Office in Oranjestad. The envelope is addressed to the Aruba Decoration Committee, p / a Office of the Minister of General Affairs, L.G. Smith Boulevard 76, Oranjestad, Aruba.
The Aruba Decoration Committee is delighted that many nominations come in every year and hopes that many people from the Aruban community will also be recognized for the celebration of King's Day 2021 for the important work they do for the community and that they may receive a well-deserved ribbon.
If you have any questions or wish to receive further information, please contact one of the members of the Aruba Decoration Committee:
- mrs. F. Perez-Lopez (tel 583-8425)
- mr. V. Frank (tel. 587-4979)
- mrs. N. Anthony (mobile 593-1921)
- mrs. I. Nicolaas-Ras (tel. 584-8880)
- mrs. R. Garrido (mobile 593-1820)
- mr. D. Figaroa (mobile 741-0100)
You can also contact the committee via the email address email@example.com