The following tips will help you protect your pet during the hurricane season:
- Prepare a space for your pet that protect it from water and strong winds. It is advisable to keep your pet stays inside since it will help it to remain calm;
- Make sure the space is comfortable with water, food, and the pet’s favorite things.
- Make sure that your pet has enough water and food for at least seven days;
- Have necessary hygiene products available during the days the pet stays in your house, for example, newspapers, trash bags, and pads to put on the floor.
- If your family must evacuate during the hurricane, take your pet with you and do not leave it behind.