For this occasion, the Prime Minister of Aruba visited the top 10 schools with the most participants in the drawing and coloring contest for the awareness campaign.
The Prime Minister gave each of these ten schools a certificate.
The drawing and coloring contest was for elementary and primary school pupils. The assignment was to draw or color something related to the awareness campaign of the dog law. The teachers also got guidance on teaching the children about the dog law and making them more aware of its content.
The top 10 schools with the most participants are:
- Rayo di Solo Kleuterschool in San Nicolas;
- Paulusschool in San Nicolas;
- Colegio Sagrado Curason in Savaneta;
- Maria School in Sta Cruz;
- School Souer Juliette in Ayo;
- Colegio Pastoor Kranwinkel in Paradera;
- Mon Plaisir Basis in Oranjestad;
- Imelda Kleuterschool in Oranjestad;
- Colegio Bon Bini in Oranjestad;
- St. Anna School in Noord.
Prime Minister Wever - Croes expressed being very honored to visit these schools and listen to the children who talked about what they have learned through the Dog Law awareness campaign' drawing contest. The children learned about dog care and the importance of leashing a dog when walking the dogs in public.
Although the winners received prizes, the Prime Minister presented a certificate to each of these ten schools. The school with the most participating students, a total of 139 participants, was St. Anna in Noord.
The Prime Minister thanked the schools for participating and wished to see them participate in future awareness campaign competitions for the children.