The speaker for the event was Mrs. Mary Baarh, chief of the Business Establishment Unit at the DEACI. She talked about the following subjects:
- Business Definition;
- How to operate a business legally;
- What is prohibited without a business license by Article 2 of the Business Establishment law;
- Who needs a business license;
- Which companies or institutions are exempt;
- What does the new policy entail;
- Three categories of a natural person;
- Who classifies as a Local natural person;
- When can a permit be denied;
- Business license expenses;
- What to consider when selecting a business name;
- Service provided by the Business Establishment Unit;
- Demonstration of www.deaci.aw on how to apply online for a business license;
- How to track the progress of your license request online using the Join Information Portal;
- What to consider before opening a business
During and after the presentation, the speaker answered all questions posted by the participants.
The workshop took place at the DEACI office and had 34 participants.
IDEA is very satisfied with the workshop topics and positive feedback from the participants. It was a very informative workshop, according to the participants.
All IDEA's events are dedicated to SMEs (Small & Medium Enterprises) and to everyone interested in starting a business and wanting to be educated more on various commercial subjects.
A special thanks go to all the participants and Mrs. Baarh for sharing her expertise.
Based on the workshop's success, the DEACi will repeat it.
For more information about the upcoming workshops and events, please follow @Idea-Aruba on Facebook.
Share this page