Currently, the Department of Health (DVG) is working with family physicians to prepare for the vaccination of this group. The physicians will make a selection of their patients that fall under this target group, based on a list of diseases and health conditions.
Citizens that registered via the health app or at the Multi-functional buildings (MFA’s) will be identified based on the list provided by the home physicians. These persons will get an invitation to get the vaccine. The physicians’ list that DVG will receive include the AZV number of the persons qualified to receive the vaccine.
DVG will not receive any kind of medical information of patients, meaning that DVG will not receive information about the disease or health condition of the patients. Even though the home physicians will send the list of the risk groups, the DVG urges everyone to register via Aruba Health or at one of the MFA’s make an appointment to get the vaccine.
You should contact your family physician if you think that you fall under the target group defined as “at risk because of medical reasons”, but are against or do not want your information provided to the DVG,
The target group at risk because of medical reasons entail:
- Patient with a malignant rumor diagnosis in the past 5 years
- A patient who underwent an organ, stem cell, or bone marrow transplant
- Patient with a Primary immunodeficiency disorder (PID)
- Persons with Down syndrome
- Patient with neurological conditions for which reason their respiration is compromised
- Person with morbid obesity (body mass index (BMI >40);
- Patient with respiratory system disorder /lungs and patients with chronic heart conditions
- Patient with diabetes;
- Patients with chronic kidney disease (patient on dialysis or who got a transplant)
- Patient with an immune deficiency disorder and or who use immune weakening medicines that lower their defenses against infections of the respiratory tracts.
- Persons with an intellectual developmental disorder (mental deficiency) that lives in institutions or long term care facilities